Today is the soft pencils down date for GSoC 2013. My work is almost done. From the last update, I made some changes to the following things:
- Removed a lot of unnecessary methods and clubbed many of the functions into a single one. So now the code is more manageable.
- Add a few browser preferences to toggle Autosuggest Search Engine feature on and off.
- Saved a lot on the I/O front. Now the module will save to disk after every 5 minutes to prevent a lot of disk I/O. It will also save the data just before the browser is closed.
- Better tests – now has tests to check if the disk I/O functions are behaving properly and also if the most likely search field element is being predicted correctly.
- Also got my patch reviewed by Gregory Szorc [:gps], to get feedback on the build front. A lot of boilerplate in the Makefile has thus been reduced.